Creating CRM Recommendation Rules within ClearSlide will make it easy for reps to find the right content at the right time based on certain criteria.
Rules can be set up so that the correct Content is surfaced for a particular scenario.
- For example, if a rep is working on an Opportunity in the Discovery Stage, you may want them to use your company's discovery deck or maybe they should have product one-pagers handy. Or maybe the rep is working on an Account in the Real Estate vertical. In that case, you'd want to make sure that the rep has easy access to the appropriate case studies that speak to unique challenges of the Real Estate industry.
With ClearSlide's CRM Recommendation Rules, you can create rules for Content based on your unique Salesforce environment. Rules can be applied to the standard objects (Account, Opportunity, Lead and Contact) as well as to any custom fields that you have within your environment.
Align your recommendations with your sales process. Rules can be created to align with the role, sales stage, industry, etc. of the prospect.
- NOTE: Note that Recommendation Rules will surface the appropriate content in ClearSlide, Salesforce, and email plugins (Outlook and Gmail), so matter how a rep accesses Content, they should be able to find what is most appropriate for their situation.
- TIP: Before you can set up Recommendation Rules based on Salesforce fields, make sure that your ClearSlide/Salesforce integration is in place and operational.
To create a CRM Recommendation Rule, expand the 'Content' tab on the left side of your screen and select 'Recommendation Rules' within the Content area.
1. If any rules currently exist for your team (either General Recommendations or CRM Recommendations), they will be listed on this page. To create a new CRM Recommendation Rule, click the "Create New Recommendation Rule" button in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Once clicked, a window will appear prompting you to fill out an optional Recommendation Rule Name and then select which field you would like to create a rule for.
Remember that CRM Recommendation Rules can be made for any custom field that your company has on a standard CRM object (Account, Opportunity, Contact, or Lead).
- For example, let's say you want to make a rule so that a particular Asset surfaces when a rep is working an Opportunity in the Discovery Stage. To create that rule, you would select "Opportunity" from the first dropdown. Then select "Stage" from the second dropdown. Then select "Is" from the third dropdown. Then select "Discovery" from the fourth dropdown.
3. Now, you can either save this Recommendation Rule and apply Content to it later. This would be the way to go if you're just going through the process of making all of your rules at once and then you want to come back to applying rules to Assets later. That said, you could also choose to apply this rule to Assets right now. Let's apply the rule to some Assets.
4 To apply the CRM Recommendation Rule to some Assets, click the "Save and Choose Content" button.
5. You will then be brought to a page that contains a window prompting you to select certain Assets that you'd like this CRM Rule to be applied to. Use the filters and search bar to find the appropriate content as needed. Use the checkboxes to the left of the Asset thumbnail images to select the Assets that you'd like the CRM Rule to apply to.
6. Once you have made your Asset selection(s), click the "Apply Recommendation" button at the bottom of the window.
7. Once you have applied the CRM Recommendation Rule to the Asset, you will be brought to the Recommendation Rule Detail page. From here you can get a sense of the Rule details as well as which Assets the CRM Rule applies to. You may add or remove Assets from this CRM Rule at any point.
7a. To remove an Asset from a CRM Recommendation Rule, click the checkbox to the left of the Asset title. A red "Remove Asset" button will appear above the upper right corner of the Assets table. Click it to remove the Asset from the CRM Recommendation Rule.
8. If you need to edit the CRM Recommendation Rule or delete it entirely, click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Recommendation Rule Detail page. A dropdown will appear allowing you to either edit the rule or delete it.